Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nativity




Every year our church holds a community Nativity exhibit. People lend their nativity sets, (hundreds of them) and then they're beautifully set-up with lights, tables, fabric, boxes, plates, moldings, wood, frames....it's just really amazing and I can't do it justice. Tonight I took both boys with my friend Heidi, (Matt had signed-up to help direct parking) and it was a perfect way to start the season.


One of Gavin's favorite part, the children's area where they had two huge rooms set up like Jerusalem and Bethlehem. They had fake sheep, tents with pillows, and fake well, pretend candles with fake food and stables, lights, costumes to dress up like an Joseph and Mary....he really enjoyed it.




I love getting ready for Christmas,all the hustle and bustle that comes with it. But honestly, sometimes it feels a bit much. I'm grateful for the reminder of why we really celebrate it. I don't care about all the commercials, the shopping, the newest phones, tv's, ipads, cars, clothes, sutff people think they "have" to have....... blahhhhh.



In humility and awe, I humbly celebrate the birth the Savior of the world, the son of God, the Prince of Peace, Jesus The Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment